Smartling

 

 

    My first full-time job, nothing beats the ability to itinerate on a single product, fine tuning it one step a time. Although upon arrival I was supposed to do just that, I found myself in front of something that needed a complete redo, that became Smartling 2.0, giving some hierarchy and clean up to the dashboard, but what I consider my biggest contribution was the redesign of the translation interface.

     I was part of the team for a little more than a year, so I'm only going to brush some design solutions.I do expand a bit on the main redesign at medium.

 
 Smartling 2.0 (Adding tons of features on top of Smartling 1.0 as well)

Smartling 2.0 (Adding tons of features on top of Smartling 1.0 as well)

 Nearly 2.0

Nearly 2.0

 Smartling 1.0

Smartling 1.0

 

 

Doing rapid prototyping in 2012, way before it was cool to do so :)

 
 
 
WA.png
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

And here's the Translation Interface evolution...

 
 Smartling 1.0

Smartling 1.0

 I want to kill myself for showing this. But on my arrival I was just adding all the upcoming features to the existing UI. Quickly I realize that this popup approach wasn't too functional but it was falling apart with all the new tools that were being built. That's when I proposed the snapped to the bottom translation interface.

I want to kill myself for showing this. But on my arrival I was just adding all the upcoming features to the existing UI. Quickly I realize that this popup approach wasn't too functional but it was falling apart with all the new tools that were being built. That's when I proposed the snapped to the bottom translation interface.

 
 
 Smartling 2.0

Smartling 2.0

 

 
 Current Design (No longer involved). I'm happy to see that the overall structure stays the same.

Current Design (No longer involved). I'm happy to see that the overall structure stays the same.

 
 Failed attempt at rebranding the company.

Failed attempt at rebranding the company.